An effective sciatica symptoms treatment is the first step to recovery. The sciatic nerve can become easily irritated causing pain and discomfort. Sciatica pain generally starts in the lower back and goes through the buttocks down to the legs and feet. Specialists claim that 35 – 40 percent of people will be subject to sciatic pain at some point in their life.
Understanding the symptoms is crucial in order to figure out which treatment will work best for you. Keep in mind that there is no best sciatica symptoms treatment. This is because treatment will vary on a case by case basis. You should consult a physical therapist if you believe your sciatica is very severe. With that said here are a few of the symptoms you may experience.
- Sharp shooting pain that goes along the sciatic nerve and originates from the lower back. This pain goes through the buttocks, and through the legs down to the feet (in some cases).
- Feeling numbness along the nerve in your leg
- Feeling a “tingly” sensation like needles in your feet and around the toes. Sitting for extended periods of time can make the pain worse.
If you believe your case of sciatica is mild then some simple treatments might be in your best interest. These include.
- Common over the counter painkillers can alleviate much of the pain
- Some simple stretches and short walks can help
- Using hot and cold packs applied to the lower back
More extreme sciatica symptoms treatment
If all else fails you may have to consider surgery. Most who suffer from sciatica usually recover, but a small percentage of those affected (5-10%) may have to undergo surgery. The two most common types of surgery for sciatica include:
Lumbar laminectomy – Done to reduce pressure on the nerves by widening the spinal cord in your lower back area.
Discectomy – This is the removal (sometimes partial) of a herniated disk.
Surgery free alternatives to getting rid of sciatica
Exercises and stretches helped to alleviate the pain temporarily before it would return to torment me. I wanted to postpone the surgery option for as long as possible. I believed there had to be less risky alternatives and there was. Following the only doctor approved treatment eBook, Sciatica SOS will rid yourself of those horrible sciatica symptoms. After reading many positive testimonials I went ahead and gave Sciatica SOS a try. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The best part was that it was completely natural, no drugs, safe, and doctor approved. Please I urge everyone to take a look at Sciatica SOS before considering severe measures such as surgery.